[vdr] Re: 2 Q's. umask? MP3 player CPU consumption?

On 15 Jul 2002 Matt Tovey <Matt.Tovey@sgi.com> wrote:

> Also, I've just installed the MP3 patch, which is great - thanks Stefan.
> But I have performance problems. The CPU usage while playing MP3s is
> about 50% (yes, it's a pentium 133) which is OK, but when I bring up the
> OSD while playing the CPU usage rises to 100% and the playback is no
> longer smooth. Is it normal that the CPU usage is so much higher when
> the OSD is on?

What kind of OSD? The progress display or the menu?

The progress display is updated every second. Of course this
makes CPU load. I'll have to check how much it's on my
Celeron/400.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan