[vdr] Re: MP3 player CPU consumption?

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 15 Jul 2002 Matt Tovey <Matt.Tovey@sgi.com> wrote:
>
> > Also, I've just installed the MP3 patch, which is great - thanks Stefan.
> > But I have performance problems. The CPU usage while playing MP3s is
> > about 50% (yes, it's a pentium 133) which is OK, but when I bring up the
> > OSD while playing the CPU usage rises to 100% and the playback is no
> > longer smooth. Is it normal that the CPU usage is so much higher when
> > the OSD is on?
>
> What kind of OSD? The progress display or the menu?

Sorry, I mean the progress display.

Also, the progress display lists all song titles as "null", although the
files all have ID3 tags with the title in. Do I have to wait for a
"background scan" for these to get filled in? If so, when does this scan
happen?

Thanks a lot,

Matt

Home | Main Index | Thread Index