[vdr] Re: MP3 player CPU consumption?

On 16 Jul 2002 Matt Tovey <Matt.Tovey@sgi.com> wrote:

> Also, the progress display lists all song titles as "null", although the
> files all have ID3 tags with the title in. Do I have to wait for a
> "background scan" for these to get filled in? If so, when does this scan
> happen?

The background scan takes place while you're listening the songs
(that's what the name says), but only I your CPU ist fast enough
to do the scan beside decoding. If you have a slow CPU you should
display the background scan. You can save further CPU cycles by
switching to linear rounding and disabling the normalizer.

Anyways, the current song is always scanned before playback
starts, so there should be no "null" display. You could enable
DEBUG in mp3-config.h and see what the console says on playback
start. You should move your id3info.cache file out of the way
for testing, too. May be it contains garbage.

Speaking about the "null" display: does it really display "null"
or is it empty? "null" should not happen and may be a bug.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index