[vdr] Re: VDR files to vob

Am Don, 2002-07-18 um 07.56 schrieb Antonino Sergi:
> On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 00:44, Andreas Schultz wrote:

> VDR-files
> of

> more time
> > >
> > > What's wrong with it? I thought it would just take an extra data
> > > record to satisfy dumb players?
> >
> > The players YES, but not the VOB format. I think the ultimate goal
> should be
> > to be able to record the resulting file without further processing to
> a DVD
> > (at least that would be my goal). For that the PS packets have to be
> 2048
> Even if vdr files would be VOB compliant, there is the problem of
> bitrate; I have not much experience of vdr recordings, but I found that,
> for a cropped full D1 PAL (705x576) resolution the average bitrate of
> the recordings are about twice the bitrate of a vob file from commercial
> DVD, without any quality enhance. 2 ours of video is about 7 GB
> (~17min/GB), so you'd need a 9GB DVD or 2 4.5GB DVD to write, that, for
> financial reason (not only money, but for saving general resources), is
> not very good to me.
> Actually I do not understand such amount of data; the only idea I have
> in mind is the possibility that it is due to a rough digitization "on
> the fly" they do on FTA channels (the only one I can watch) without any
> quality issue, even if it sounds strange they don not worry about
> wasting bandwidth.

How do you come to such values? DVB-broadcastings have - depending on
the audio-streams - about 3,5 MBit/s -> 2h 50min on one 4,7 GByte
DVD-R(W) and there's starting a dumping-price war between DVD-/+R(W).

Additionally, the PS has time-stamps which would make the index-files
superflous for searching.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index