[vdr] Re: VDR files to vob

On Thu, 2002-07-18 at 15:51, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> Am Don, 2002-07-18 um 07.56 schrieb Antonino Sergi:

> > VDR-files
> > of

> > more time

> > > The players YES, but not the VOB format. I think the ultimate goal
> > should be
> > > to be able to record the resulting file without further processing
> > a DVD
> > > (at least that would be my goal). For that the PS packets have to
be
> > 2048
> > Even if vdr files would be VOB compliant, there is the problem of
> > bitrate; I have not much experience of vdr recordings, but I found
that,
> > for a cropped full D1 PAL (705x576) resolution the average bitrate
of
> > the recordings are about twice the bitrate of a vob file from
commercial
> > DVD, without any quality enhance. 2 ours of video is about 7 GB
> > (~17min/GB), so you'd need a 9GB DVD or 2 4.5GB DVD to write, that,
for
> > financial reason (not only money, but for saving general resources),
is
> > not very good to me.
> > Actually I do not understand such amount of data; the only idea I
have
> > in mind is the possibility that it is due to a rough digitization
"on
> > the fly" they do on FTA channels (the only one I can watch) without
any
> > quality issue, even if it sounds strange they don not worry about
> > wasting bandwidth.
> >

> How do you come to such values? DVB-broadcastings have - depending on
> the audio-streams - about 3,5 MBit/s -> 2h 50min on one 4,7 GByte
> DVD-R(W) and there's starting a dumping-price war between DVD-/+R(W).

I divided file size by recording duration; Maybe I've done somthing
wrong, but 1GB is 17 minutes of recording from
C5:11919:V:0:27500:513:660:577:0:2

Now I'm going to think I'm doing something wrong...

--
                                    Antonino Sergi

La strenua predilezione umana per l'irrilevante e' il peggior
      nemico della nostra specie!

The tireless human fondness for unremarkable things is the
      worst enemy of our species!

                                    Antonino Sergi