[vdr] Re: font-patch against AIO0804

Hi Alessio,

I'm using vdr 1.0.4 with the latest AIO including your font patch.
I noticed that the characters in a highlighted rectangle (such as
a highlighted line or the 4 color rectangles at the bottom) seem to
be placed asymmetrically in the vertical direction.
As an example, a '/' character looks like
this:   +-------+
        |       |
        |      *|
        |     * |
        |    *  |
        |   *   |
        |  *    |
        | *     |
        |*      |
        |       |
        |       |
        |       |
        |       |
        +-------+

while I believe it should look more like
this:   +-------+
        |       |
        |      *|
        |     * |
        |    *  |
        |   *   |
        |  *    |
        | *     |
        |*      |
        |       |
        +-------+
Is it just my imagination or could the line spacing be reduced by one
or more pixels, thereby allowing even more lines per screen?
As an example, to me the main menu does look much more "spread out" in
the vertical direction (more space between the lines) than without your patch.
Could it be that still the old vertical spacing is used and your patch
"only" allows for more characters per line and not for more lines per
screen?

Thanks for any info,

Carsten.

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> Hi I've uploaded the vdr patch to select font size at compile time on my
> website:
>
> http://www.manoweb.com/alesan/vdr/vdr-font.diff.gz
>
> use make as usual with all the options and add the FONT specification:
>
> make DVD=1 VCD=1 FONT=SMALL
>
> or
>
> make DVD=1 VCD=1 FONT=SMALLEST
>
> bye, let me know if you find this interesting.
> as

  | Carsten Koch                  Phone: +49-4286-920001     |
  | ICEM Technologies GmbH          Fax: +49-4286-1608       |
  | Sotheler Mühlenweg 15        mailto:Carsten.Koch@icem.de |
  | 27404 Elsdorf-Hatzte, Germany  http://www.icem.com       |

Home | Main Index | Thread Index