[vdr] Re: Patch: xawtv could control vdr ;-))

* Gregoire Favre <greg@ulima.unil.ch> [020812 23:53]:

 First thanks for this great patch :) KWinTV didn't work as I intended,
and Kvdr always failed for me, however xawtv works just fine :)

> I got those:
>
> cmd: "vdr" "HITK" "Ok"
> vdr: >>
> vdr: << 500 Command unrecognized: ""
> cmd: "vdr" "HITK" "Up"
> vdr: >>
> vdr: << 500 Command unrecognized: ""
>
> And the fix:
>
>         if (len+l+4 < sizeof(line))
> should be:
> 	if (len+l+4 > sizeof(line))

Where should that go? I couldn't find it in the patch sent to the
list...

> From my Xawtv.ad:
>
> xawtv.tv.translations:          #override                       \n\
>         <Key>Up:                Command(vdr,HITK,Up)                      \n\
>         <Key>Down:              Command(vdr,HITK,Down)                    \n\
>         <Key>M:                 Command(vdr,HITK,Menu)                    \n\
>         <Key>Return:            Command(vdr,HITK,Ok)                      \n\
>         <Key>BackSpace:         Command(vdr,HITK,Back)                    \n\
>         <Key>Left:              Command(vdr,HITK,Left)                    \n\
>         <Key>Right:             Command(vdr,HITK,Right)                   \n\
>         <Key>F1:                Command(vdr,HITK,Red)                     \n\
>         <Key>F2:                Command(vdr,HITK,Green)                   \n\
>         <Key>F3:                Command(vdr,HITK,Yellow)                  \n\
>         <Key>F4:                Command(vdr,HITK,Blue)                    \n\
>         <Key>KP_0:              Command(vdr,HITK,0)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_1:              Command(vdr,HITK,1)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_2:              Command(vdr,HITK,2)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_3:              Command(vdr,HITK,3)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_4:              Command(vdr,HITK,4)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_5:              Command(vdr,HITK,5)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_6:              Command(vdr,HITK,6)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_7:              Command(vdr,HITK,7)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_8:              Command(vdr,HITK,8)                       \n\
>         <Key>KP_9:              Command(vdr,HITK,9)                       \n\
>         <Key>P:                 Command(vdr,HITK,Power)                   \n\
>         <Key>KP_Add:            Command(vdr,HITK,VolUp)                   \n\
>         <Key>KP_Subtract:       Command(vdr,HITK,VolDn)                   \n\
>         Ctrl<Key>M:             Command(vdr,HITK,Mute)                    \n\
>         <Key>C:                 Command(vdr,HITK,Channels)                \n\
>         <Key>N:                 Command(vdr,HITK,None)                    \n\

And if you do this, what else you chaged to the original patch?

I also have a multimedia keyboard, a Logitech cordless one. Thanks to
the xev pointer I found out how to easily use it, but to my surprise,
all the of my keyboard's extended keys were recognized by X before
writing the .xmodmap file. I gues it was because I had configured my
keyboard as "logicordless" in /etc/X11/XF86Config in the first place. I
had never noticed a different to the default pc104, es (I use a Spanish
layout) et all... now I saw the difference :)

However, I have a question. Olivier (it was you, right?) said he had
configured Xawtv to respond to these keys modifying the file quoted
above, however how does xawtv call those keys (XF86LowerVolume and
ts family) ? Calling them just like XF86xxx doesn't go, xawtv says:

This is xawtv-3.76, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.20-p4ac2-rml-ll)
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:XF86RaiseVolume
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>XF86RaiseVolume: VDRKey(Up)'
Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors

Anyway, I would prefer to use the extended keys mapped from the X server
to that application, so that xawtv doesn't need to be focused to obbey.
I.e., like a global hot key, instead of application hotkey.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@pobox.com>
Madrid, Spain

Home | Main Index | Thread Index