[vdr] Re: Patch: xawtv could control vdr ;-))

Hello.

I am using Xawtv with original patch ; it works really great.

(my remote is left unused know).

Javier Marcet wrote:
> However, I have a question. Olivier (it was you, right?) said he had
> configured Xawtv to respond to these keys modifying the file quoted
> above, however how does xawtv call those keys (XF86LowerVolume and
> ts family) ? Calling them just like XF86xxx doesn't go, xawtv says:
>
> This is xawtv-3.76, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.20-p4ac2-rml-ll)
> Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name:XF86RaiseVolume
> Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>XF86RaiseVolume: VDRKey(Up)'
> Warning: String to TranslationTable conversion encountered errors

It seems keys are defined as XF86Audio....

I had to define mine using xmodmap file ( actual keycodes depend on what
xev is showing) :

keycode 160 = XF86AudioMute
keycode 176 = XF86AudioRaiseVolume
keycode 174 = XF86AudioLowerVolume
keycode 162 = XF86AudioPlay
keycode 164 = XF86AudioStop
keycode 144 = XF86AudioPrev
keycode 153 = XF86AudioNext
keycode 222 = XF86PowerDown

These keysyms (XF86...) are defined in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XKeysymDB.

My 2 cents.

Regards,

Patrick Gueneau

Home | Main Index | Thread Index