[vdr] Re: mplayer and mpeg4 ?!

On Monday 02 September 2002 17:58, Martin Hoffmann wrote:
> Be careful, mplayer completely refuses to play anything with your
> commandline if it hasn't a correct resolution for the DVBs card !!!

Really ? So then it seems, I only have clips with valid resolutions ?
Can't believe that... What are the "valid" sizes ?

> So those rescaling paramters i had in my commandline are essential !

The only vid I wasn't able to play up to now was a .WMV (which isn't
worth playing at all I discovered in the meantime ;) )

> Martin

BTW: What about your new version of 2divx ? Not that I'd need one, but
     I'm just curious :)

> Am Sonntag, 1. September 2002 22:32 schrieb Karsten Mueller:
> > Normally, mplayer itself does the best job on "guessing" what type the
> > avi is and what codec to use.
> >
> > So I'd recommend to start with a "stripped down" version of
> > "mplayer.sh", like:
> >
> > --------snip-----------
> >
> > #!/bin/bash
> >
> > mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes $*
> >
> > --------snap-----------
> >
> > if this works, you could go and add other functionalities like scaling
> > and stuff :)

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de