[vdr] Re: Some questions about plugin-features of vdr-developer...

Christian Schuld wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday 03 September 2002 14:04, you wrote:
> [..]
> > > The EPG handling needs to be adjusted, too, when using multiple
> > > satellites, because then you don't have unique ServiceId any more.
> >
> > Yes, I'm aware of that. This will be taken into account when the DiSEqC (or
> > rather "source" handling) mechanisms will be rewritten.
> >
> > As for the rotor handling: I guess we could have some notation that let's
> > you specify a string like the good old AT modem codes, where you can
> > specify any sequence of voltage, tone, DiSEqC commands, timeouts etc.
> > However, I'm not sure how the cDvbDevice could "know" when the rotor has
> > reached its target position. Is there some feedback for this?
>
> Unfortunatly not, the DiSEqC 1.2 protocol is one-way only. The only way to
> know whether the rotor reached the target position is to retune after a delay
> and check the frontend status. Repeat this, until (fe_status & FE_HAS_SYNC)
> is true.

But that might hold the risk of inadvertently stopping at the wrong position,
in case there's a suitable channel on some satellite on the way from the
current to the target position. Chances for this to happen are small, but
theoretically it might happen.

> Btw, want do you think, is a DiSEqC 1.2 Rotor control (like move east, go the
> sat no, store sat no, etc.) something to be implementated in the VDR core or
> better in a plugin. For a plugin, cDvbDevice would need a public
> SendRawDiSEqC() member function or something in that way.

I guess this should go into the core code.

How *exactly* would a sequence of actions look like in order to make a rotor
move to a given position?

Klaus