[vdr] Re: Some questions about plugin-features of vdr-developer...

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> > Unfortunatly not, the DiSEqC 1.2 protocol is one-way only. The only way
> > know whether the rotor reached the target position is to retune after a
delay
> > and check the frontend status. Repeat this, until (fe_status &
FE_HAS_SYNC)
> > is true.
>
> But that might hold the risk of inadvertently stopping at the wrong
position,
> in case there's a suitable channel on some satellite on the way from the
> current to the target position. Chances for this to happen are small, but
> theoretically it might happen.

The complete control-thing should be done in the positioner, so the
possibility that
the dish is stopped at a wrong position is zero, but I don't know what
happens
if vdr was able to tune during dish-movement and loses the signal again? I
expect that another tuning is neccessary to show a picture again.

> I guess this should go into the core code.
>
> How *exactly* would a sequence of actions look like in order to make a
rotor
> move to a given position?

It's exact one command with the number of the sattelite position as
parameter....

best regards,
reiner rosin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index