[vdr] Re: Screenshots from Recordings

On Friday 06 September 2002 23:09, Karsten Mueller wrote:
> Usually I'm doing:
>
> echo -e "GRAB /tmp/pix.jpg jpeg 50 352 288\nQUIT\n" | netcat my.vdr.machine
2001

> which grabs an JPG image with a quality level of 50% to "/tmp/pix.jpg".

As I understand it, the "GRAB" function uses the DVB card's analogue
"video4linux" interface to re-digitise the video.

A better quality solution would be to use a software mpeg-2 player, and then
take a screen-dump from there.

You have to make sure that your software player isn't using any hardware
video acceleration (for example, the -vo x11 option to mplayer works for me).

Dave.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index