[vdr] Extractign AC3 sound

Hi,

I'm kind of presuming alot of things here, so I may not be totally
correct, for most of the channels I have setup for use with vdr, there's a
PID for video, and two PIDs for audio. I presume one of these is AC3
audio.

I presume this as I have connected to S/PDIF connector of my Nexus-S card
to the 'Coaxial' Input of my Digital Surround system. When it plays, the
surround system needs to be on Dolby Pro Logic. Is this correct, or should
Dolby Digital or DTS be used for AC3 audio.

Also, does vdr store both of the audio PIDs and secondly, if one is ac3
audio, is it possible to extract this from the file?

My general idea was to re-encode the video of certain files to a lower
bitrate and use the ac3 sound to create DVD's. Like I said i'm presuming
alot here, so everythign I might be talking about could be wrong/not
possible, but if it is, does anyone have any help/tips for me?

Thanks

Gary

Home | Main Index | Thread Index