[vdr] Re: LNBs

Am Samstag, 7. September 2002 18:33 schrieben Sie:

> if I understand correctly, this would be a 4 output switch (but what
> about the terrestrial thing? I don't understand)

Well that switch not only has inputs for your LNBs, but also an input for
normal antennas or modulators. Unless you ever want to install a
terrestrial antenna, or maybe a modulator for cameras, you won't need it.
(terrestrial=on the ground, like it was before satellites)

The main advantage of an external switch is that it can be installed
somewhere save. A switch usually controlls little relays which should not
get hot or cold or wet or dry. So it's better if you could have an
external switch. But those LNBs with buildt-in switches are also OK, if
you additionally protect them a bit.

> http://www.reichelt.de -> they have:
>
> INVACOM QDH-031   QUATTRO-SW-LNB 0,3db 91.90 (is 0.3db a very good
> value, worth the 20DM more than a 0.6db one?)
> MTI AK54-T2   QUATTRO-SW-LNB 0,6db 91.55 (isn't this quite expensive, at
> this point?)

Well if you refer to the SN-Ratio I've seen 0.7-0.8db ones at Conrad
Elektronic. From my own experience I can tell there are troumendous
differences in the quality of LNBs, so I'd go for the 0.3db one if I could
afford it.

> Another information: is there in germany a law to protect mail-orders, I
> mean that I can give back what I buy if I don't like it etc? Just to
> know...

Well there is a law I think, it's the "Fernabsatz-Gesetz" or
"Fernabsatz-Verordnung" or something.

But most companies will give you the right to return it.

> bye & thank you for the help
> as

Servus
  Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index