[vdr] Re: -s and -t options - automatic vdr startup at boot time

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Alessio Sangalli (AS) wrote:

AS> > I  use screen - it takes over standard input/output of the started program
AS> > (in  this  case  vdr),  so  you can switch to vdrs output from any console
AS> > (even remotely) at any time.
AS>
AS> ja but which switch should I give to vdr then?

if you use screen, you don't need any -t switch for vdr it's something
like:

screen ...screen-options... vdr ...vdr-options...

(read man-page of screen for it's options, you'll need something like -md
at startup and -r if you want to watch at the output.)

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain