[vdr] How to use ac3play for AC3 _and_ MP3?

Hi list,

I'm using AIO 1.0.4 with the DVD, MP3 and MP3_OSS
patches enabled, together with option -a "ac3dec -C"
to digitally send AC3 and MP3 sound to an external
receiver using the SPDIF out of my soundcard. This
works for both AC3 and MP3, but I experienced sound
dropouts with live AC3 and also sometimes during DVD
playback. So I decided to replace ac3dec with ac3play.

Now the problem is that I don't know how I can use
ac3play for both AC3 and MP3 sound. For MP3s to work,
I need to pass the sample rate to ac3play, i.e. I need
to start vdr with -a "ac3play -C -r 44100 -". But then
DVD playback is disturbed. Conversely, if vdr is
started with -a "ac3play -C -" or -a "ac3play -C -r
48000 -", then DVD playback works fine but there's no
MP3 sound anymore.

Does anybody how ac3play can be used for both AC3 and
MP3 without having to restart vdr?

Thanks,
Rainer.

Yahoo! - We Remember