[vdr] Re: cpu cooling

Am Donnerstag, 12. September 2002 07:47 schrieben Sie:
> Hi again,

> The Q Technology PSU doesn't have those sympoms. At least not when
> running under light load as this one is running. It goes up to working
> temperature and stays there. The working temperature corresponds to 7-8V
> depending of the ambient temperature. I've run tests on the fan voltage
> and it stays within 0.02V over an hour. I cannot notice the change in
> pitch.
>
> The Papst fan is very silent and runs at 1500RPM at 12V which would
> suggest 625RPM at 5V and 1000RPM at 8V. Papst reports that the noise
> level is 12dB. However, I do not know the reference point for this as it
> is clearly not an absolute value.

Well actually it should be 12dBa which has a clearly defined reference
point.

But for the speed regulation, have you ever noticed that there's a
computer inside the machine you are controlling? You can regulate the
speed a lot more intelligent. So before a recording starts, you can slowly
increase the fan speed. So slow you won't notice the speed change. Later
you can let it turn slower.

Servus
  Casandro

--
Warning! (this is no commercial ad)
This e-mail probably will be read by secret services.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index