[vdr] Re: cpu cooling

Hello list,

I just want to report my experiences with the VIA C3 933MHz processor.

It's possible to run the processor using the Cooler-Master Passive-Cooler DP5-H6056-Q1.
I've used the ASUS TUSI-M mainboard and had no problems (on the VIA homepage you can find a large list of VIA C3 certified Mainboards), but the C3 doesn't have enough power for playing divx over DVB-Card. Maybe it has enough power for playing divx over gfxcards tv-out but that was not my intention and I didn't test it. Approx. 50% of all frames have been dropped using MPlayer over DVB.

Everything else runs fine with the processor (tv, mp3, dvd, vcd) but note that VIA C3 optimisation seems to be broken in kernel 2.4.19 - I used Pentium optimisation.

Regards
Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index