[vdr] Re: how to define new buttons for VDR

Hi, try this:

- ------------snip ----------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

echo -e "hitk menu\nquit\n" | netcat -w 5 localhost 2001
echo -e "hitk 1\nquit\n"    | netcat -w 5 localhost 2001
echo -e "hitk ok\nquit\n"   | netcat -w 5 localhost 2001

- ------------snip ----------------------------------------

Telnet always enters interactive mode. It sits there and waits
for your (handish) input :)

Again, you can accomplish the same thing using "svdrpsend.pl"
(but I still prefer netcat ;) )

Have fun

- --
with best regards
- ---
Karsten Mueller
Softwaredevelopment / Keyaccount Manager
RATIO Entwicklungen GmbH
Admiralitaetstr. 59
20459 Hamburg
Email: mailto:kmu@ratio.de

On Friday 13 September 2002 21:42, Matthias Raus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago, I discussed with Bashy how to define new Keys for VDR. I was
> thinking about an "info" and a "record" Key. We nearly managed to turn this
> into reality: In my lircd.conf, there are some additional buttons
> defined.In runvdr, irexec must be started: /usr/local/bin/irexec
> /etc/lircrc &
> In the file lircrc in /etc the new buttons are attached to a script that is
> executed when a button is pressed: begin
> proc=irexec
> buttom=TEST
> config=/usr/bin/test.sh
> end
> This works all well. I can e.g. start kvdr with this additional button. But
> now I want VDR to accept some commands. For that, telnet must be started
> and the keypresses in VDR must be specified; we could not get it to work,
> for example: #!/bin/sh
> telnet localhost 2001
> HITK Menu
> HITK 1
> HITK OK
>
> Although telnet is started, the buttons Menu, 1, OK are not executed. What
> is wrong?
>
> Matthias
>___ WEB.DE Club - jetzt testen fur 1 Euro! Nutzen Sie Ihre Chance
> unter https://digitaledienste.web.de/Club/?mc=021105

Home | Main Index | Thread Index