[vdr] Re: Question about mplex

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Philippi" <lists@torangan.de>
(...)
> I'm trying to convert a file recorded with the Windows software of my Nova
> DVB card into something that may be used. I've been told that I'd have to
> split the file into two ES streams and then remux them into a MPEG 2 using
> mplex. Unfortunately the audio goes out of sync when I'm doing this.

This happens because there are small errors in the recorded stream. You
can't avoid errors during receiption, so the solution is to correct them by
observing the presentation time stamp in the transport stream during
splitting into elementary streams. The tool PVAStrumento from Wilijo Heinen
will do this Job. It's a Windoze tool, but there is a command line version
that can be executed on Linux machines by using wine. (I havn't tried wine,
but PVAStrumento on Windoze is a nice thing).

Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index