[vdr] Re: Question about mplex

On Friday 13 September 2002 21:46, you wrote:
> This happens because there are small errors in the recorded stream. You
> can't avoid errors during receiption, so the solution is to correct them
> by observing the presentation time stamp in the transport stream during
> splitting into elementary streams. The tool PVAStrumento from Wilijo
> Heinen will do this Job. It's a Windoze tool, but there is a command line
> version that can be executed on Linux machines by using wine. (I havn't
> tried wine, but PVAStrumento on Windoze is a nice thing).

I found this problem too when I tried the same with another file. In this
special case the error is even in the first few ms so I could just cut the
first few frames if I understood how to use the splitting tool.
Using a record stream without errors works better if not correct - the audio
is still out of sync but instead of an increasing error it seems more like a
constant offset.
The perfect solution for me would be to find a way to convert the recorder
MPEG 2 stream into DivX and the audio into a MP3 or suchlike. Then it should
be possible to cut out e.g. the commercials using VirtualDub in Windows
which unfortunately won't decode MPEG 2. If someone tells me about a usable
tool for Linux I won't have to reboot.

Bye David

Home | Main Index | Thread Index