[vdr] A Bug which should be turned into a feature ...

Hi all,

some day's ago my wife watched a extracted mpeg2 via VDR (extracted from a
svcd with generated indext to replay it as "normal" recording). At this
time a incomming phonecall was announced via OSD (my answering software
announces calls via the mesg command in SVDRP). In this moment the replay
STOPS ...... well my wife asked me if this is a new feature, but I was
unable to reproduce it ...

Wenn the Idea how this could be turned into a feature could be the
following solution:

Create a new "MESG" command which support some options like "pause
replay", "duration", "position", "size". This wouldn't break current
implementations which uses the old "MESG" command, and could be expanded
by further options (like fg color or bg color) if needed.

The other sollution could be to ceate a plugin which just fullfill this
Idea .. AFAIK the current plugin system allows creation of OSD Windows.
Maybe this could be a way to go too ..

Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index