[vdr] Re: RGB-connection

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lauri Tischler" <lauri.tischler@efore.fi>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 9:56 AM
Subject: [vdr] RGB-connection

> I made RGB-cable from J2 of dvb-S board.
> Works, but the contrast is quite high, even setting the contrast on the
> TV to the minimum does not make the picture very good.
> There is a nice schematic of scart-connections at
> http://home.pages.at/bashy/scart.html
> In the picture there is a output filter (marked *3) consisting of
> series inductance and two capasitors,  what is the purpose of this filter
??
> Which end of the filter connects to the TV, the one with 75 ohm resistor
> and text 'RGB Out' or the other.

I didn't use that filters, but the picture is fine.

Additionally I wired a connection from J2's pin2 (+5V) to pin8 on the SCART
with an resistor.
I just took a 560 Ohm, but I think everything between 500 and 1000 Ohm
should be OK.

Pin8 switches the TV to the used AV-input. But you should consider the
following:

Originally 12V have been used at pin8. For the last four years has been
changed.
12V switches TV to 4:3 and 5V to 16:9, now. So you have to switch your TV
from automatic recognition to 4:3.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index