[vdr] Allwell Set-Top-Box ordering

Hy everybody,

some time ago there was a discussion in this list going on about the Allwell
products. If you can't remember, see www.allwell.tv, especially the Metallic
6086N.

After evaluating every possible way of getting a silent vdr-machine,
including
- making a complete new pc-case,
- putting the pc in a big rack with doors
- buying a fanless powermachine (see latest ct)
- using watercooling for my current pc
- many more
, I decided to order a few of the Allwell boxes. They seem not powerful
enough to play divx, but for that I will use another box, which can be
turned off while not playing the divx stuff.
My questions are:

Has anybody in Germany ordered something from them?
If yes, how much was it altogether?
As shipping seems to be a big percentage of the whole costs (some $80 as
somebody has mentioned) , are there other people in Germany interested in
purchasing one?
Is anybody - living in the US - willing to act as a middleman ? Mailing the
machines per ground-mail shouldn't cost $80 each!

Any feedback appreciated.

Micha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index