[vdr] Re: Using Service Information to control recording (was:new vdr user's questions)

On Wed, 2002-09-18 at 14:37, colin wrote:

> > Thats why in the stream there is statusinfo 'running_status', the recorder
> > should watch the status and then work accordingly.
>
> That's what I was thinking/hoping.

IIRC the running-status field is used in DVB streams to notify recording
equipment of slips in the schedule. So, the running_status info is
exactly what should be supported.

> > This is just teoretical, I dont know the internals of dvb that well.
> > I dont even know if the running_status is used at all.

Somebody should write a client which would look for the running_status
info in the SI streams. That way interested people could check whether
their provider supports it or not. I'm a bit sceptical about providers
actually using the running_status field...

> I've just started reading the DVB API.

You won't find anything of interest in the API. The API is used to
control the DVB hardware. It has nothing to do with the data structures
in the DVB stream. You should look into the DVB SI spec available from
etsi (go to www.dvb.org and follow links). You could also take a look at
the SI library which is used by VDR for accessing the EIT/EPG data.

--
  ! Lauri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index