[vdr] Re: Games & etc on DVB

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Steffen Koch wrote:

> Marko Myllymaa wrote:
> > Couldn't that be achieved by using xserver with virtual framebuffer ie. a
> > file as framebuffer. Then we only need to read that fb and encode it to
> > mpeg for outputting through DVB... right?
>
> It would be too slow. Why not write driectly into the framebuffer of the
> dvb-card??

The dvb card framebuffer is not available..

And what do you mean with slow? Mplayer does divx decoding and then
encodes it to mpeg on the fly when I'm watching divx on my other machine
which has dxr3 as output device.. And I have 2*Cel366 and 64 megs of ram..

So, I think it would be doable..

  Marko Myllymaa

Home | Main Index | Thread Index