[vdr] Re: With the new DVB drivers...

Lauri Tischler wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Lauri Tischler wrote:

> >>Yes, if one understands the difference between 'old' channels and 'new'
> >>channels.
> >
> > What do you mean by 'old' and 'new' channels?
> >
> old channels = analog channels on vhf or uhf or satellite transponder
> new channels = really pid's within allocated frequency
>    (trans[mitter|ponder])

I'm not aware of such a nomenclature.
I believe what you are referring to as "old" channels are the transponders,
and the "new" channels are the actual programme channels on a transponder.
Of course, a particular DVB card can only be tuned to _one_ transponder
at a time, but there are usually several channels on any given transponder.

Klaus