[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

>And in order to store separate volume levels for each APID you'll even have
to repeat the APIDs in your user channel setup. I'm afraid this would in the
>end make things unnecessarily complicated.

what's about "index-numbers". I mean not the number of the program,
like "001 = ARD". Is it possible to create a number by program, which
is stored in the channels.conf and the "personal channel setup".
Of course this number must be the only one number in the master channels.conf
I use this "index-numbers"-method in my private written video-archive.
On every recording my programm search the index-number and then look in
another file for the description.  My experience is, that one
(recording)-file must be a chief/master of the other (descreption)-file.
Every handling in the description-file is starting by searching the
master-file.

(Btw. the video-archive was programmed in DOS, not Linux)

greetings,
Joachim

Home | Main Index | Thread Index