[vdr] Re: feature request for mp3-plugin

Steffen Barszus wrote:

>HI there!
>
>I think the black background of mp3-plugin is a littlebitt boring, and the
>live view isn't what I want. Now I was dreamin of a feature of the mp3 plugin
>that can display pictures or (maybe) little movies in the background,
>depending on the album/title/artist. maybe its enough to search for a file
>with the same name of the mp3 and show this, if the mp3 is played. Converting
>pictures to mpegs , shouldn't be the problem. don't now if it is possible, to
>show 1-frame-mpegs trough a longer duration.
>Is there anyone who think, that such an album-displayer could be usefull for
>the mp3-plugin? And since I think I don't have the capabilities to do that,
>is the idea good enough, that anyone is willingly to do that ?
>
>Thanks for replys
>
>Steffen

Hi Steffen,

I am not able to implement such features either, though I would like to,
but have also posted such an idea some time ago.
Sorry, but your idea with little movies in the background is superfluous
in my opinion, why not play music videos with MPlayer? I have recorded
lots of them and store them in vcd format. Perhaps you mean some visual
effects, this could be useful (like XMMS effect plugins etc.).
However, the cooperation between the planned still picture viewer plugin
and the mp3 plugin would be absolutely great!! As you certainly know,
the album covers can be stored in the ID TAG information of the
mp3-files and then be displayed while playing (see MusicMatch Jukebox).
I have such covers in about 90 % of my mp3s. So an option to display the
cover every time I select a mp3 file would be the "hammer-feature" of
the plugin from my view...

And because I'm dreaming right now, I have another question: With the
new driver features, wouldn't it be possible to switch channels in the
background while a mp3-file is played? I imagine as follows: If the
mp3-OSD bar is shown, you can control the mp3-plugin, but if you press
OK, the mp3-bar disappears and VDR can be controlled.

This sounds maybe very demanding, and I'm certain this cannot be done in
a few days; but these are the only improvements I can currently imagine
at all..!

Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index