[vdr] Newbie in US

Hi there,

I'd like to build a VDR box from scratch, and I was wondering if the
card typically used will work in the US with NTSC video. Is there a
composite video in? Is the card available in the US?

Also, I'd need this box to be rack-mountable, and am looking for any
pointers. Basically, I need to build a professional-grade Tivo-like
device that can record up to 12 hours or so. How much money should I
budget for this? What machine specs are recommended? Any help is
appreciated, as I'm not quite sure how to start.

Yours,

Matt Ashburn

Matt Ashburn
President, UVa Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
Co-editor-in-chief, Second Creation- An online technology journal
Member, NOGLSTP & SMPTE

University of Virginia
PO Box 3060
Charlottesville, VA 22903