[vdr] Re: Newbie in US

Hi Matt,
the short answer is that the technotrend/siemens/Hauppauge cards (the only cards supported by VDR ) aren't supported by any broadcaster in the US (be it terrestrial, cable or sat based). The only broadcaster (as far as I know) that is using the DVB platform in the US is Dish networks, but they require custom hardware in order to decrypt their signals (e.g. their custom receiving box).
None of these cards can receive input from cable TV or terrestrial TV (they can only be fed with MPEG streams).

Take care

Mattia