[vdr] Re: Newbie in US

On Montag, 23. September 2002 21:39, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'd like to build a VDR box from scratch, and I was wondering if the
> card typically used will work in the US with NTSC video.

I tested NTSC with the Siemens DVB-S and it works fine.

> Is there a
> composite video in?

no

> Also, I'd need this box to be rack-mountable, and am looking for any
> pointers. Basically, I need to build a professional-grade Tivo-like
> device that can record up to 12 hours or so.

Well, I don't know if there are such small harddisks still available for only
12 hours. On a standard 80GB disk you can record ~60 hours.

The first thing is to make sure that there is a provider available in your
area (SAT, CABLE or terrestrial) that is broadcasting in unencrypted DVB
format. Or if there is an encrypted DVB broadcast, that a linux-dvb
compatible CAM is available.

mfG.

Andreas

--
Andreas Gebel                                   _._     _,-'""`-._
andreas@xcapenet.de   Tel: 0345/6782511        (,-.`._,'(       |\`-/|

Home | Main Index | Thread Index