[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

> Personally I would never simply throw channels into my channels.conf file.
> I manually insert them very carefully, and the sequence of channels in that
> file is the sequence (and numbering) I want the channels to appear in. I
> want to be able to refer to them as channel 1, channel 2 etc., and I also
> want to see _these_ numbers in my timers.conf.
>
> I can imagine inserting channel (and APID) specific audio levels into the
> channels.conf format, so there would be no need for "splitting up" things
> because of that. So as far as I can see the only thing that's needed would
> be a way of marking a channel as "favourite". I could imagine an additional
> field in channels.conf that defines whether a channel is a "favourite"
> channel or not. If this is a 32 bit integer field, there could even be
> 32 separate favourite channel lists for different users. VDR could also
> be instructed to show only channels marked as "favourite", which could be
> used to prevent children from watching channels they are not supposed to
> watch (please, no "censorship" thread again - we had that a while ago).
>
> Klaus

I don't understand the whole thread at all. But the last you said sounds good.
First it is good to "blend out" (ausblenden) some channels (as you mentioned
the other 18 channels) otherwise it would be cool to have different "user"
one for radio/ one for TV for instance, or for  different "really user".
If I understood sth. wrong or if I'm OT please excuse me.

Greets

Steffen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index