[vdr] Re: split up channels.conf

From my point of view we are going too much into detail with the discussion
at the moment.
My basic wish is to have a format, that enables us to publish a channel list
that does not need to modified by anyone.
Plus a channels.conf that refers to the static channel list in order to set
up his/her local VDR.

Of course, it's advisable to introduce an artificial (numeric) key to the
static channel list (like a global program number) because keys that are
constructed of meaningful information always posses the danger of future
incompatabilities.
Just look at the example of the german social security number system which
barely survived when germany reunited.

CU,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index