[vdr] Re: Shutdown after recording

vdr@linuxtv.org schrieb am 24.09.02 11:40:23:
> Hello,
>
> in my opion there is no solution discussed until now, that
> has _that_ big advantage over what is possible now.
> The script is automatically called after each recording and
> vdr asked to cancel the shutdown.
>
> If I active such a "shutdown Yes/No" I also have to cancel
> the shutdown process, if I want to view something after a
> recording.
>
> So where is any advantage?
> Or did I miss something?
>
> Gerhard
> Das ist ein Service von austria.com

hi,

if i want to record a movie at e.g. 03.00  a.m.   i will programm the timer and  then i will set the  user-inactivity-time to 5 minutes. After that i shutdown my vdr-box, and it will  wake up automatically with the bios.-settings from nvram-wakeup. If i'm booting my vdr-box the next time, i will  set the user-inactivity-time back to e.g. 120 minutes.

Now my advantage:

If i can set e.g. -shutdown after recording- to yes in the timer-menu  (sorry, i said recordings-menu in the posting before), i have to do nothing else.

bye

herbert
WEB.DE MyPage - Ultimatives Kommunikationstool! Ihre Message sofort
online! Domain aenderbar! http://www.das.ist.aber.ne.lustige.sache.ms/

Home | Main Index | Thread Index