[vdr] Re: Beginners Questions

>@ Ronald Steininger:
>I don't think a comment like yours is really productive, and it IS a
>legitimate wish to make things easier, even for or from a windows user ;-)
>

>Micha
I'm not Ronald but i think this is not true.

VDR and Linux are 2 different things. Not countet the countless distros you
can find.
The problem for a newbie is to understand that vdr runs on linux but it
needs a distro
to build them. The advantage of linux is that you, as user, can put your
hands on every
thing you like but the disadvantage is you have to understand what you are
doing.
The installprocess is not disconnected from the distro because you have to
do it the
distro way.
Now there are 2 possibilities. You can learn linux to understand what the
distro does
or you should use a readymade distro. For the first possibility you have to
read countless
manpages, at least the one from Hubertus Sandmann for SuSE, and for the
second you have to
study the mailinglist. I KNOW that A. Koenig has written a statement for
MiniVDRLinux.

Yes, it is indeed a legitimate wish to make things easier but it is not
legitimate to say: " hi,
i'm a newbie and like to use vdr. Now make it for me." And i think the
mailinglist ist the wrong
forum for questions like this.

that's my 2 cents

Home | Main Index | Thread Index