[vdr] Re: Beginners Questions

am 25.09.2002 12:18 Uhr schrieb Clemens Kirchgatterer unter
clemens@thf.ath.cx:

> i think, makeing vdr installation easier, would do no good, either. at
> least as long vdr is under heavy development.

I thought that is what Version 1.1.x is for. 1.0.4 seems pretty stable and
of course is
ready for day to day use.

> the easier vdr
> installation gets, the more "windows only" users will use it, because
> there is no real solution for windows available and the more linux
> newbie questions will show up on the list.

Just one suggestion: why not set up another list, for example vdr-pro-users,
where only certified unix engineers are allowed to join? No, just kidding..
but perhaps splitting into vdr-users and vdr-developer? Or better, mail some
usage-guidelines to everyone who subscribes, so that newbie questions should
be marked as for example 'Beginners questions' ? - Oh, I see..., this was a
beginners question...
What I want to say is: If there is some dumb question, why don't just ignore
it or let some other guy answer? As long as I can identify these messages by
looking at the subject-line there is no reason to moan. Please don't adjust
to the tone of some other boards and mailing-lists.

Immer schön geschmeidig bleiben...

Micha

Home | Main Index | Thread Index