[vdr] Re: Preliminary VDR 1.1.12 for testing

In article <3D9F10F0.CA876AA1@cadsoft.de>,
   Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
> I have uploaded a preliminary version 1.1.12 of VDR to

>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/etc/vdr-1.1.12.tar.bz2

> This is NOT an official release, the "real" 1.1.12 will follow tomorrow,
> with some additional changes that have been sent to me by various
> contributors.

> The reason why I am making this pre version available in advance is
> because there are quite a few changes in the channel handling,
> especially regarding DiSEqC, DVB-C and DVB-T. Since I myself have
> neither DVB-T, DVB-C nor DiSEqC I invite those amoung you who have the
> necessary equipment and would like to do some testing to check out the
> following:

> - Do the new DVB-T and DVB-C parameters work? Go into the "Edit channel"
>   menu and see the new "Source:" parameter. Set it to 'C' or 'T',
>   according to your channels, and see the additional parameters (you may
>   have to scroll down to see all of them).

The menu seems to operate correctly, but I'm unable to tune to any
modified channels here.

An example of a modified channel is
BBC ONE (TV):690167:C23M64B8T2G32:T:27500:600:601:0:2:4164

altered in accordance with an excerpt from Dave Chapman's info for UK
  para.Frequency = [Multiplex frequency in Hz];
  para.u.ofdm.bandWidth=BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ;
  para.u.ofdm.HP_CodeRate=FEC_2_3;
  para.u.ofdm.LP_CodeRate=[Unused for HIERARCHY_NONE];
  para.u.ofdm.Constellation=QAM_64;
  para.u.ofdm.TransmissionMode=TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K;
  para.u.ofdm.guardInterval=GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32;
  para.u.ofdm.HierarchyInformation=HIERARCHY_NONE;

I've tried numerous variations on that line but with no success as yet -
maybe I'm just misreading something.

I'm using Nova-t in the UK (Hemel Hempstead) and DVB-s 2.1 with no dish,
NEWSTRUCT driver.

Andy