[vdr] OSD position

Hello,

On my TV-Screen the OSD is shifted one character to the right.
The reason therefore is line 104 in osd.c ( vdr-1.1.13 ):

 >    int x = (720 - w + charWidth) / 2; //TODO PAL vs. NTSC???
 >                       ^^^^^^^^^^
If I don't add charWidth it is fine.
Is that only a problem on my TV or is it a common one ?

Another point:
A friend of mine has written a small patch for vdr-1.1.13 ( already included in
the Mini-AIO ) which makes the program information area ( shown during zapping )
customzable ( see screenshots at: http://www.helmutauer.de/vdr-1.1.13-OSD.tgz ).

Wouldn't it be a good idea to split the OSD into two parts:
1. The real OSD used for all full screen OSD operations
2. An information area used for small programm info and messages ?

I know that would lead to more ( maybe unwanted ) setup entries, but I do not
see a way to handle it within a plugin.

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de