[vdr] Linux DVB TS/PS Streaming

Hello,

Does anyone know the "ultimate combo" of programs for taking a DVB TS/PS
stream, broadcasting it on a LAN (mcast?) and then having a choice of
players (windows and linux) to play the stream?

I've tried dvbstream with VideoLan client for Windows and that doesn't
work.  I thought the RTP protocol was pretty standardised, but can't
find a single windows client that supports the DVB stream.

Anyone got this type of setup working? Or am I going about this the
wrong way?

I know mplayer can do rtp streams, but there's no windows version or
similar player..

TIA,
Andy.