[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

Am Mittwoch, 30. Oktober 2002 22:33 schrieben Sie:

For 16:9 this is already done in the vdr2divx scripts !
Now tell me how this can be achieved for 4:3 streams ?
In case we have a 4:3 stream with 480x576 resolution: Should we scale up to
784x576 ? Producing lot's of redundant information and giving the codec too
much data for the given bitrate !? Or should we scale down to 480x360 (also
4:3) and loose lots of details !??
I prefer to keep the resolution of 480x576 and have the DVBs card rescale by
replaying - thus keeping the original quality !
However i understand that if you target on PC replay the scaling to 480x360 is
an option - so i will add this aswell, later on !

The main problem is the good (?) old (!) AVI format which has no field for
aspect ratio !

Martin