[vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Hoffmann" <ma.hoff@t-online.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:38 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

> > > see above
> > You don't need a JVM. Instead of interpreter you can also compile Java
with
> > gcc.
> So you mean we could compile the ds.jar into a stand alone commandline
tool ?
> This would be a nice alternative !
> How can this be achieved ? (sorry i'm not very familiar with java :-/)

I'm not very familar with Java, too (only 5 day crash-course about 2 years
ago).

But it's mainly derived from C++ (programming the input-system is awful, no
nice "cin", that's why it didn't use Java since then).

It's a full C++-like programming-language. GCC has implementation for
compiling Java (also for Fortran, ...). That way it's nearly as fast as C++.

Rene