[vdr] Re: Composite / S-VHS input ?

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 10:34:33AM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Gavin Hamill wrote:
> >

> I'm doing something similar with the MPEG2 encoder card (see
> http://linuxtv.org/mpeg2/kfir.xml). I use it to connect my Sky Digibox
> to VDR, and it works pretty good. I'll soon release the necessary VDR
> plugin, but before I do so I'll need to implement the "unique channel
> ID" stuff to make sure the EPG data is assigned to the correct
> channels.

You have a Sky Digibox in Germany? Anyway, that's a very pricey encoder
card! ;/ Would you consider amending your plugin so that instead of
reading from the Linux device of the Kfir, it instead reads an MPEG
Program Stream from stdin, or some abritrary file?

This would leave it open-ended enough for people to decide if they
wanted to create the MPEG stream with mp1e / ffmpeg / mencoder or any
other source e.g. network / another VDR box, etc.

I too would love to be able to record from my Sky Digibox since there
are so many more channels via satellite then our Free-to-Air terrestrial
system, and this looks like it could be the ticket, combined with a
cheap BT848-card and a suitably grunty CPU...

Of course then there's the problem of integration with an EPG, but
that's another story for another day ;)

Cheers,
Gavin.