[vdr] Sky Digibox vdr support (was: Composite / S-VHS input ?)

Gavin Hamill wrote:
> You have a Sky Digibox in Germany? Anyway, that's a very pricey encoder
> card!

Isn't it a shame to decode the MPEG data into composite video with an
expensive Sky digibox and then re-encoding it back into MPEG with an
expensive Kfir card?

Somwehere inside that Sky digibox, decoded MPEG must exist, right?
With so many talented people on this list, is there no chance somebody
can find a way to tap directly into the internal MPEG stream?

I would lend my digibox to somebody who is qualified and willing to try...

Carsten.