[vdr] plugins & OSD (WAS: prefmenu-patch)

"Olivier JACQUES" <jacquesolivier@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Is still necessary to patch VDR whith the very little diff by
> > > prefermenu?
>
> Yes, because with the macro keys there was a conflict with the main
> OSD menu. I know it's a shame, but, Klaus can you tell us how to open
> a raw OSD from a plugin without going through the main menu?

i have discoverd some problems with OSD in my tetris plugin, too. when i
deserve the plugin from the cControll it only works as long nobody
presses mute or vol+/- or something the opens its own osd. i tried also
to use cOSDObject as base-class, but this made everything worse. now the
cursor keys got "stolen" from vdr and it switched channel instead of
controlling my plugin and of course the upcoming osd on channel switch
killed my plugin.

i would suggest the following improvments to the next vdr release:

either:

make OSD completly shareable between vdr and plugins, so there
can be a vdr OSD and a plugin OSD be open at the same time. i know this
would need some major redesign of the whole OSD code, if even possible.

or:

implement some OSD locking so [mute] for example can't kill a plugins
OSD anymore.

best regards ...
clemens