[vdr] Re: prefmenu-patch for vdr 1.1.14

Hello,

> > And a question:
> > Is still necessary to patch VDR whith the very little diff by prefermenu
> > ?

Yes, because with the macro keys there was a conflict with the main OSD
menu. I know it's a shame, but, Klaus can you tell us how to open a raw OSD
from a plugin without going through the main menu?

>I think you should release a full 0.4.0 dist package with an updated
>README. I've managed to apply the patch to prefermenu-0.3.0 myself and
>I was wondering why I couldn't start the plugin. Then I've re-
>applied the prefermenu.diff patch (which you didn't mention at all) to
>vdr to make the RED button not launch a key macro instead prefermenu.
You're right. I will release a 0.4.0 this week-end with a modified Makefile
for vdr-1.1.15.

>It segfaults ;(
>
>Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>[Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 10816)]
>0x080708dc in Height__5cFontPCc (this=0x82a4710, s=0xc <Address 0xc out of
>bounds>) at font.c:43
>43        if (s && *s)
Let's try this again with the new package this week-end if you don't mind.

>The patch would BTW NOT be necessary anymore, just include a
>MainMenuEntry to start the plugin (as any other plugin has, too;) )
>and define a key macro for RED (or any other key you like)
Ok, I'll try that but it didn't worked for me at first. I'll try to see
what's wrong.

>Another BTW: Could this font-error be something about AIO? I'm not
>using Mini-AIO as I want to release plugins for a vanilla vdr ;)
I'm not either: just vanilla-vdr with plugins.

I tried to contact Maxime before releasing this. I hope he is doing ok as I
didn't got any answer :(

Olivier.