[vdr] Re: plugins & OSD (WAS: prefmenu-patch)

Sascha Volkenandt <mailbot1@wat.willz.de> wrote:

> At Thursday 07 November 2002 09:35 Clemens Kirchgatterer wrote:
> > i have discoverd some problems with OSD in my tetris plugin, too.
> > when i deserve the plugin from the cControll it only works as long
> > nobody presses mute or vol+/- or something the opens its own osd. i
> > tried also to use cOSDObject as base-class, but this made everything
> > worse. now the cursor keys got "stolen" from vdr and it switched
> > channel instead of controlling my plugin and of course the upcoming
> > osd on channel switch killed my plugin.
>
> Can't you deal with that using cControl::Hide? Save the state of the
> plugin, remove the OSD and continue when the PlugIn is shown again.

not very comfortable. i even don't think cControl::Hide() will get
called when [mute] is pressed, but i could be wrong here. anyway, i will
investigate into this, when klaus had cleand up the OSD-plugin
interface.

@ klaus: how about hiding the "Stop Replay" main menu entry, when
cControl::cControl() was called with a NULL pointer as the player
parameter. a "Stop Replay" would make no sence in this case anyway.

best regards ...
clemens