[vdr] Re: VDR on rank 2 of the Linux New Media Award

> Does anybody know of a (simple) CGI script that implements such a counter?
> If it's not too much to do, I could set one up to try it.
Well I guess you can't prevent fakes, but such a counter isn't too much of a problem.
Do you need CGI or is PHP possible?

I could imagine something like a page of "registered users", reconfirmed with an email to the registrant (and a response to this) before actually counting it...

If you look at "290 registered users" at vdrnews.de in such a short period of time the actual number of users could be really interesting I think.
How many addresses are on this mailing list, could be another indicator....

Thomas