[vdr] Re: vdr, dxr3, nova-t, no video out, etc.

> > - VDR needs a DVB-T card that has a built in video out port, and the
> > nova-t does not have a video out port. I understand that you might be able
> > to get VDR running on a Nova-t, but the functionality of the software is
> > reduced. Is this correct.....what functionality will be missing????
>
> VDR needs a 'fully featured' (i.e. MPEG-2 and video output) card, or...
>
> > - I believe that there is a recent patch that enables VDR is to run with a
> > nova-t by adding a DXR3 card to do the MPEG decoding. Is this correct?? How
> > good are the results by using this patch compared to a fully featured card?
>
> ...if you install the Dxr3 output plugin, a Dxr3 card will do it.
Can't you simply go without all this by just a Nova and a software decoder?
I don't know if I'm getting something wrong here, but I only watch with Tuxview on my monitor, so strictly speaking I wouldn't need a full featured card, would I?

Hmm, I have the feeling this whole topic is something for the FAQ-Section for Udo's VDRNews.de ;-)

"What kind of card do I need?"
- if you only want to watch on your monitor the only thing you need is a cheap card like above and a TV-program like xawtv, tuxview, ...

Correct like this?

Thomas