[vdr] Re: vdr, dxr3, nova-t, no video out, etc.

In message <sahmuu4denbqn09ldun9k9usl2mn6llhla@4ax.com>
          Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> wrote:

> You can use VDR only together with hardware decoder cards like DVB-S and
> DRX3.

Indeed.

> A pure software solution with the comfort of VDR is not available.

Why is this?

Does anyone fancy writing, say, a 'framebuffer' output plugin, possibly
using MPlayer to decode the MPEG-2?  Wouldn't that be OK for those people
with video cards with TV outputs and reasonably fast processors?  Anyone?!

--
Richard.

"I look at you all... see the love there that's sleeping."